Saturday, October 15, 2005

Cranberry Everything

After a week of rain, the sun finally came out so hubby and I drove to the Cranberry Festival in Chatsworth,deep in the heart of the Pine Barrens. This is what the road to Chatsworth looks like.


There are lots and lots of very short pine trees, the landscape is rather flat, and the soil is sandy. Most of the time, there is very little going on in Chatsworth--other than the growing of cranberries. However, once a year people from everywhere inundate the town to buy cranberry everything--cranberry bread, cranberry cookies, cranberry wine, cranberry hot sauce, etc.

In addition, there are the usual craft tables and festival food. I bought cranberry jam, no-salt sesame sticks, and a new cookie sheet. Maybe I'll make my own cranberry cookies. I bought a cranberry cookbook last year, but I haven't tried any of the recipes in it yet. :^)

No comments: