Thursday, March 10, 2022

Spring Promises


Snowdrops are blooming even though storms continue to threaten us with wind, rain, and maybe more snow. But spring will be here and more flowers will bloom. It's such a promising time of year! However, the world situation makes me apprehensive. I pray for Ukraine. I've donated to Catholic Relief Services. I hope there will be an end to this conflict soon. But I'm a little too old to pick up a Kalashnikov and head to the front lines. And while I do have a small army of prayer shawl ministers, I don't think we could make enough blankets or shawls to help out the two million Ukrainians who have fled the bombing. It is such a horrible catastrophe. 

So, I write stories of forgiveness and faith in an effort to combat evil. I don't know if it helps, but it helps me. I just finished going through the galley for ANGEL OF THE L TRAIN. There weren't many corrections to make, which was nice. I listened as the computer read it to me first. That is a very effective way to find mistakes. Then I printed out a paper copy of the galley and read it backwards. I found a few more things that needed to be corrected that I didn't find the first time. They were small things. For instance, the word nosy. Or is it nosey? Actually both are acceptable, but the preferred version is nosy--and I used it twice in the manuscript--once as nosy and once as nosey. I think it needs to be consistent. 

I don't have a release date yet. But I have some some terrific news to share about the book. I just can't share it yet until all the paperwork is done. Still, it is something to look forward to and lightens my heart. 

Stay safe and stay well. 

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕


No comments: