Wednesday, February 23, 2022

My Little Snowman


 I made a snowman. The snow wasn’t ideal for making a snowman. It was a bit too cold. But I patted the snow into place, added stick arms, a stick nose, and a stick mouth. I used sweetgum balls for eyes. It was a skinny, pathetic snowman. Aside from the problem of getting the snow to stick together, I wanted a small snowman because I created it for my granddaughter. She is far too young to understand much about snow or snowmen. She touched the snow but didn’t look very enthusiastic about it. 

My snowman didn’t last very long. The weather grew warm and he melted. But like any other artistic endeavor, the joy was in the making. This old grandma remembered all the fun of snow in the past and all the enthusiastic energy that goes into creating. While a handcrafted project may not wind up as the artist envisions it in her mind, the doing is the important part. It’s the same whether you are trying to bake a chocolate cake, paint a seascape, or write a book. It’s important to turn off your inner critic and just do it. 

It will make you feel younger. 😄

No comments: