Thursday, March 04, 2021

Would You Like To Be A Bird?


 Hubby and I often sit and look at the bay. It's a convenient place to get some fresh air. It's a calming atmosphere, too. My mother always said it was due to the negative ions, but I don't doubt the repetitive movement of the waves and the sounds lead to a measure of serenity as well.

One day, as we sat there watching the birds, hubby said he thought it would be great to fly as the birds do. Well, I think it might be nice to fly, but not as a bird. Birds can't read or write. The creativity of a gull is focused on food. They drop clams onto the blacktop in parking lots in order to eat the clams. I know some people like raw clams, but I don't. 

Birds don't draw, paint, or sew. Some birds don't even build nests. 

I like birds. There are many different kinds and they all have different calls, which I love to hear.  But I would rather be human. We can't fly, but we can do so much more. 

No comments: