Wednesday, March 31, 2021

A Favorite Book on Fiction Writing

I own many books about writing, but one of my favorites, which I discovered early on in my journey to becoming an author, is Guide to Fiction Writing, by Phyllis A. Whitney. I enjoyed reading Ms. Whitney's novels, so when I found this book I was thrilled. I highlighted something on nearly every page. 

It's a sensible, practical guide to fiction writing. I always had plenty of ideas for books from the time I was young, but getting everything into sensible, coherent order seemed overwhelming. 

But, step-by-step as I followed Ms. Whitney's suggestions I eventually I got the hang of writing novels. I still have some unpublished manuscripts, which need tons of work, but I continue to find ideas for more novels. 

How about you? Do you have a favorite book about writing? 



No comments: