Monday, July 11, 2005

In The Good Old Summertime

My hubby belongs to the Happy Days String Band. The band plays cheerful music and they have a bunch of strutters who dance around in outlandish costumes covered in sequins and feathers. In the summertime, the band plays regularly for the public in gazebos up and down the Jersey shore.

I attended the performance last night. My hubby is the band member with the red accordion. (Hard to miss.) He loves playing with the band. He says it's almost like running away and joining the circus. Sometimes, the members of the band put on the feathers and sequins, too.

Today, hubby and I went to the beach. It was a perfect beach day. The water was just right.

3 comments:

Leann said...

How fun! I would love to see and hear the band and sequined dancers.

I've not been to the beach in over a year.....it's on my to do list. :-)

Live, Love, Laugh said...

That looks like fun, I have never seen a band with sequined dancers, but the pictures looked like they were having a blast! Maybe one day I will get a chance to hear this music and see these dancers!!

Penelope Marzec said...

The Philadelphia string bands all parade through Philly on New Year's Day--and usually there are clips of that parade on the news. I think there's a cable company that carries the parade, too.