Friday, March 13, 2015

The Book Lady


These are my books on the shelf in the Middletown Township Public Library. Over the years, I have donated other books to the library, but those books aren't there. Such is life. Sea of Hope is looking a bit ragged, so I assume it's been read a few times. I understand that libraries have rules and regulations about books and I'm not complaining because I've been invited to speak at the library on several occasions. Not many people came to those talks. The ones who did were mostly interested in learning how to publish their own books. (Sigh.)

Middletown has a huge population, more than 66,000 people according to the 2010 census. The township is made up of several smaller communities, like the one in which I live. There are lots of famous people living in Middletown. You can see a list on Wikipedia. I'm not on the list. So I was quite happy when I walked into the library the other day and the AARP volunteers, who were helping my mother-in-law with her tax forms, recognized me. They waved and called me "the book lady." 

It would be nice if they remembered me as an author and recalled my name, but that's okay. I'm happy with being known as the book lady. It's a start. 

No comments: