Wednesday, September 25, 2024

A Lot of Marsh and Me


    That's me at a clam festival in southwestern NJ many years ago. The town had set up the easels, providing watercolor and brushes for anyone who wanted to try their hand at making a painting of the marsh. I thought it was great fun. Although, the scene was mostly sky, mud, a little water, and lots of grass. Of course, there was the aroma of the marsh, too. Since I grew up near a marsh, I don't mind that odor at all. The festival did not include a ferris wheel, it did have a boat show, and lots of seafood. There was also a giant frog. 😂 It was a wonderful adventure.

    While New Jersey is the most densely populated state in the country, it has plenty of empty areas, too. One of the largest is the Pine Barrens, which covers 22% of the total land area and includes portions of seven counties. 

    When I wrote THE KEEPER'S SECRET, I decided setting it in a very small town would be ideal. Small towns are rife with gossip and everyone knows everyone, but some people are very good at keeping secrets hidden. 

    I hope you'll take a look at THE KEEPER'S SECRET. It's available for pre-order now. It will be released on October 11th. 

💖 💖 💖 💖 💖


    

No comments: