Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas Lights

I woke up this morning to see that the rain had melted all the snow off the bushes in front of the house. So I informed hubby that we would be draping the bushes with the Christmas lights.

Since most of the other people in the neighborhood have tasteful white lights adorning their houses, I love to string our bushes with colored blinking lights--the kind that blink in distinctively erratic patterns. Hubby, the engineer, checked all the strings of lights and inserted new blinker bulbs where needed. I did the artistic work outside.

When I was finished, hubby admired my work. "It looks obnoxious," he said with a smile. To me, it's a celebration of joy.

Santa will not be able to miss our house when he flies by. :^)

3 comments:

Leann said...

O.k...I want to see the obnoxious bushes...LOL

Robin Bayne said...

I love Christmas lights!!!

*clap clap clap*

Hey Penny, since I see you are into making lists, I hereby tag you to take the 7 Sevens blog quiz! Questions are on my blog for you to copy & Paste!

Merry Christmas!

Penelope Marzec said...

Leann: I tried to make a little mpg file but it did not work out well.

Robin: I copied your 7 Sevens questions and will try to get to it--but I've got to wrap presents. And I've got another deadline. Oy.