Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Beach in the Wintertime

I love the beach. I love it in all seasons of the year--although sometimes even the beach is too hot in the summertime. And too crowded.

Since the temperature hovered near forty degrees on Saturday. I went to the beach. The photo above is on the bay side of Sandy Hook, looking toward what's known as Skeleton Hill Island. I wanted to see the harbor seals who spend the winter on that sandbar. There's no way to get close to the seals. They are protected by law, but they are also rather smart and stay on their little sandbar while people stand on the shore and use binoculars to gawk at the seals.

However, I also needed a nice walk. I signed up for JeRoWriMo, the New Jersey Romance Writers' writing challenge this month. I've finished the first week of the challenge with a respectable amount of words toward the goal of 30,000 for the month.

But I needed to clear my head, get some fresh air, and exercise. So I did--at the beach. It was beautiful!

No comments: