![]() |
| Image by SCY from Pixabay |
It has become more difficult to sell books. I LOVE writing books. Several of my books have won awards and the books get good reviews. I know that there are people who don't read books--at all. I cannot understand why anyone would not want to read a book. There are folks who watch movies all the time. To me, the book is always better than the movie.
But perhaps the most difficult problem with selling books at the current time, is the influx of AI generated books. The book market is currently being flooded with novels generated by artificial intelligence. This all began when genuine, human authors’ books were fed into computers so the machines could learn how to put together a plot. The machines learned quickly and now there a books being cranked out by the thousands.
I haven’t read any AI generated books. I always read books by authors I know who are real people. I am currently reading Hilltop Wedding by Kathleen Bailey. I received an advanced copy because the author knows me and I know her. I’ll give her a good review because it is a wonderful story. Helping a genuine, human author is fun and inexpensive.
This problem with AI worries me and brings to mind the haunting story “There Will Come Soft Rains”written by Ray Bradbury, It’s a short story. You should read it. It may change your mind about some things.
I am not against computers. I use one all the time. It does make writing a novel easier. When I first started writing, I used a manual typewriter. Making corrections was exhausting. But I do believe humans are better at writing stories.
There are plenty articles that can help you know whether you might be buying an AI generated book. One of them is https://www.library.pima.gov/blogs/post/did-a-robot-write-this-tips-for-identifying-ebooks-written-by-ai/
Also, go to Kathleen Bailey’s website at https://kathleendbailey.weebly.com/ and watch for the release of Hilltop Wedding. Read a great story written by a genuine human.

No comments:
Post a Comment