Friday, November 24, 2023

No Leftovers

Daughter #3 and her hunny hosted Thanksgiving dinner, which I appreciate. It saved me from doing a lot of work. I contributed a delicious Broccoli/Cauliflower Parmesan Slow Cooker Recipe, which I found at Pinterest. Our house smelled wonderful while it was cooking. 

Daughter #3's house smelled fantastic. We were treated to several courses: appetizers, soup, salad, the main course, and several desserts. There was to be one more course but we were stuffed! 

Daughter #2 was with us and there was plenty of conversation and some laughter as we reminisced about old times. 

This morning I woke up and realized we had no leftovers. One of my favorite things to do after Thanksgiving is wake up the next day and eat pumpkin pie for breakfast or Aunt Georgette's Ambrosia salad. But Aunt Georgette was not able to join us this year. 

I ate a protein bar. 😟

Then, I remembered I had some coconut in the refrigerator. I went to Pinterest and found a recipe for easy coconut muffins: https://bakingbites.com/2017/01/easy-one-bowl-coconut-muffins/  I changed the recipe slightly by using 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of regular flour. 

My house smelled great as they baked. Daughter #2 thinks I should add some spice to them next time. I might. Despite the amount of sugar in the recipe, they really don't taste overly sweet. They will make a delightful breakfast for tomorrow! 



No comments: