Thursday, July 19, 2018

Cinnamon Squares


A long time ago, my sister worked at the Twin Lights in Highlands, New Jersey. The lighthouse had a nice, little gift section. One of the books for sale was The Williamsburg Cookbook. My sister gave me that cookbook for my birthday. The recipe for Cinnamon Squares turned out to be my favorite. If you like cinnamon, you'll love these sweet treats.

Cinnamon Squares

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, separated
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 1/2 cups nuts, chopped

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Grease a large 9 x13 pan.
Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolk and then the dry ingredients.
Press the batter into the pan.
Beat the egg white until foamy and spread it over the batter.
Press on the nuts.
Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Cut into squares.

Yummy!

No comments: