Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Hibernating With A Book

It's cold outside. It's been well below freezing for over a week. I feel like hibernating, which for me usually involves reading a book for hours on end and forgetting about all the other chores I should be doing.

The temperature does not seem to bother the Canadian geese in the park. They don't even huddle together as they sit serenely on the snow. I took this photo from the window of the car. I didn't want to get out of the car.

Today it is supposed to warm up a bit--reaching nearly thirty degrees. Hubby and I plan to remove the Christmas lights which we draped on the bushes before the holiday. Tomorrow we're supposed to have a huge storm and then it will continue to be bitterly cold for a while longer, which is fine with me. I'll huddle under my afghan and make a dent in my To-Be-Read pile of books.

What do you plan to read during this cold snap?

No comments: