Monday, June 26, 2017

FREE at Smashwords in July

SMASHWORDS is having a spectacular SALE. For the entire month of July, readers may download three of my books for FREE. (Look for the coupon on the page!) Two of my longer novels will be at the fabulously reduced price of $1.50. (50% off!) Don't hesitate!  Load up your ebook reader, take a long trip, and read all five books before summer is over. 

Below are the books I'm offering along with a few of the reviews for each one. 


PRINCE OF THE MIST is a contemporary paranormal romance which weaves in ancient Irish myths and legends. It has received many wonderful reviews over the years.

Julie Bonello at ECataRomance Reviews gave PRINCE OF THE MIST 4 Stars and said, “Penelope Marzec’s novella Prince of the Mist is an enchanting paranormal romance which will keep you enthralled from the first page to the last sentence!.....Prince of the Mist is a page-turning story which you will find very hard to put down. Penelope Marzec is a very talented author who keeps her readers hooked with this fabulous story which is full of fun, passion and intrigue.”

Brenda Thatcher, Reviewer at Mystique Books gave it Four and One Half Moons. She said, “PRINCE OF THE MIST is a wonderful book, a tender tale of love set against a politically hot topic….PRINCE OF THE MIST is highly recommended. It is a beautiful story of love that shows how two people from vastly different cultures can find unity.”

Wendi at Road to Romance said, “PRINCE OF THE MIST is so well written and spellbinding, my attention was grabbed from the beginning. I read the story all at once.”



KISS OF BLARNEY is another contemporary paranormal romance employing Irish myths and legends. It was well-received by readers who posted these reviews on Goodreads. 

"What happens when an Irish fairy princess sets out to rescue her mentor and friend, a druid priestess, by visiting the mortal world makes for magic, mayhem, and passionate romance with a handsome Irishman who misses his ancestral roots. Fast paced and charming! A must read!"

"Kiss of Blarney is a great read! I read it in one sitting. Shay and Ula make the perfect couple. I really enjoyed Ula's innocence toward the world around her since she grew up very sheltered. I think she's a great balance to Shay's skepticism. The end surprised me and swept me away. I literally couldn't put down the last 30 pages. Definitely a recommended read for paranormal lovers who love tales about the Irish."


FALLING IN LOVE is a collection of short, sweet romance stories.

One reader on Goodreads said, "It is exactly as advertised - short, sweet romances that make you go "ahhh". The stories run approximately 5 pages on average. A few left me wanting more and others gave me the idea that the scenes needed to be used in the movies."

An Amazon reader said, "This is a great little book to keep in your purse in case you're stuck waiting somewhere! The stories are short but deliver big entertainment value. They're uplifting with a twist to each one that surprised me."









IRONS IN THE FIRE is a contemporary paranormal romance.

This book has a special place in my heart. I love all my books, in the same way I love all my children--but each one is unique. Irons in the Fire was the first book I finished. It received the most rejections, but it gained some especially nice recognition when it was finally published.

Originally published by New Concepts Publishing, it was later reissued by Crescent Moon Press. The rights now belong to me once more and the book  is available in both print and digital editions. 


It was a nominee for Best Small Press Paranormal in Romantic TimesReviewers' Choice Award and has received excellent reviews.


Long and Short Reviews gave it 4 1/2 Stars and said, "The twists in this one were totally unexpected. There are surprises all along the way to the final revelation of who was behind all of the evil in the town. I did not expect some of this at all. I like that in a mystery--not knowing is the best kind of plot. The romance builds slowly, and for each step these two take toward each other, they take two steps back. I loved it when they finally acknowledged their feeling were real, and the passion they finally let loose was wonderful." 






THE COMPANY YOU KEEP is also a contemporary paranormal romance.

A reader on Goodreads said, "This book surprised me. I though it was just a romantic novel, but I was wrong. Besides romance, includes other genres like suspense , paranormal and crime. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I really enjoyed the story!"

Diane Tugman of The Romance Studio said, "With each chapter you'll be drawn into a tangled web of the supernatural."

Anastasia Castella-Young of Mind Fog Reviews said, "I highly recommend this paranormal romance to those interested in demons, spirits, adventure and love. Penelope Marzec hits the mark dead on!"


Make this summer a summer of romance! Visit SMASHWORDS!

No comments: