Friday, March 30, 2012

A Look Back at Easter 1963


Forty-nine years ago, this was Easter. There's me with my mouth open and those crazy eyeglasses, which were very stylish at the time. Notice the gloves on my hands and the pillbox hat, also the very height of fashion. Mom is next to me, my brother is on the right (with a very skinny tie). My little sisters have bonnets and handbags. I know they must be wearing shiny patent leather shoes. Dad must have taken the snapshot, but I am sure he wore a suit.

Every Easter, we always wore new, special clothes. Our Easter outfits were a very important part of the celebration. We went to Mass every Sunday. However, on Easter we went in high style. But what was chic in 1963 is not chic anymore. I am especially glad I don't have to wear eyeglasses like that anymore!

2 comments:

Leann said...

Oh my goodness. What a sweet look back in time. We too used to get pretty easter dresses. We did not go to church tho. I'm not sure why. Anyway, it was always fun to dress up and hunt easter eggs with my cousins. Thank you for helping to bring those memories back. :-)

MarkD60 said...

I was 3 in 63, I think I remember Kennedy getting shot. I remember something seriously wrong one day and I think that's what it was.
Great photo!!