Monday, January 18, 2010

Labyrinths


The temperature was around fifty degrees outside today, which was quite nice for the middle of January and the perfect day for a walk.

I had happened to see a small article in Woman's World magazine about labyrinths. The article claimed that walking in a labyrinth endows you with peace and focus. It can also assist you in thinking more creatively and give you powerful insights--great stuff for a writer! And if you're stressed, it's supposed to alleviate that problem, too. I thought this would be a just the thing for hubby and I to experience. All I had to do was find one with the labyrinth locator at: http://www.labyrinthsociety.com.

It turned out that there was a labyrinth nearby. Unfortunately, a tree had fallen on part of the maze. But hubby and I dutifully followed the pathways as much as we could. Hubby was concerned whether we were doing it right.

We finished it quickly and I really did not feel any more focused or more peaceful. But perhaps I need to walk in another labyrinth--a bigger one.

I looked up more information on labyrinths at http://www.lessons4living.com/labyrinth.htm so that next time I'll have the proper attitude when we walk along the winding paths. We'll do it right!

3 comments:

Leann said...

I've heard the same thing about labyrinths. I'll have to check out the link and see if there are some in my area. Thanks for the link!

Hope things are going well with your father.

Leann said...

O.k...so I found two but they are both portable and give out by churches?

Penelope Marzec said...

Churches often provide labyrinths on their grounds. A labyrinth can be used as a prayer tool or for meditation.

The portable labyrinths are made of canvas from what I've read. That doesn't sound like much fun.