Saturday, August 12, 2006

Another good place to sketch...

is the Social Security office. I sat there with Daughter #3 for three hours. I had brought a book along, but I doubted that I would get a chance to read it--and I didn't. It was fortunate that I had my sketch book with me because I discovered that the Social Security waiting room is just as good as the beach for sketching--nobody moves much at all.

Daughter #3 and I chatted with a veteran who was trying to get disability payments so he could go to school. He needed a pen to fill out a form and he could not find a pen in the waiting room--so I gave him one I had gotten from Mary Stella and I told him to keep it, but he didn't. So I really did not get the chance to advertise another romance writer.

Still, I find it so interesting to hear someone else's life story. I can always use another character in one of my books.

2 comments:

Leann said...

Hi Penelope,

I am a people watcher, so I love places like Dr's offices, government offices...but my favorite is airports. I can sit for hours just watching people come and go and guessing where they are going, coming from, interacting w/others, etc.

Penelope Marzec said...

Yes! People watching is fun! But I do like to eavesdrop, too. :^)