Saturday, May 13, 2006

Falling Asleep at the Computer

Yesterday's weather was beautiful in the afternoon. Hubby and I decided we ought to get the Jeep inspected before the month is over so we drove to the inspection station. Hubby had gotten a new CD of stringband music and he put that in the CD player. It was lively music and I know most of the words to the songs. I sang along and tapped my foot--the left one, since I was driving. The Jeep passed inspection!

From there we went to one of our lovely county parks and walked all the way around the lake, which was a rather long hike. Hubby saw a snake sunning itself on a pier and I saw a blue heron. Too bad I did not have the camera with me.

After that, we stopped at a plant nursery to pick up a few flats of annuals--begonias and marigolds. I love marigolds, but evidently the bunnies do, too. However, I've found if I put the marigolds close to the street, the bunnies leave them alone. I'll put the begonias next to the house.

Daughter #3 showed up in time for supper with wonderful news. She has the internship she had wanted most of all! We went out for pizza to celebrate.

By the time we got home, it was getting late, but I intended to write for a few hours before I went to sleep. However, when I turned on the computer, I could barely keep my eyes open. I tried so hard, but it was impossible. I was completely exhausted. I had to give up.

I hate running out of energy. I guess I'm just a morning person. I got up this morning and added quite a few more pages to my manuscript.

What time of day do you have the most energy?

2 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh said...

Normally I have the most energy early in the morning. If no one is around, I can get things done and then do what I want, so I love mornings.

Sounds like you had a beautiful day! Good to hear from you again. Take care and Happy Mom's Day!!!!

K. said...

Midday is when I seem to get my energy burst. I have had those times of falling asleep in front of the computer as well. And the tv, and while nursing, and in my reading chair.... ;)