Tuesday, December 16, 2014

You Do Have Time to Read

Books can enrich your vocabulary, expand your mind, and widen your perspective. Book make great gifts.

Why aren't you reading a book? Most people claim they don't have time. I've already written a post about listening to audio books: http://penelopemarzec.blogspot.com/2011/05/no-time-for-books.html

However, Daughter #1 pointed me toward an excellent link about how to make time to read a book when you're busy. You can find it here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Time-to-Read-a-Book-when-You%27re-Busy

I've written a book and started writing another this year. In addition, I've read twenty-two books. I don't consider that a lot, and I probably would have read more if I didn't have the responsibility of caring for elderly parents.

Often, I read while I'm pedaling on my recumbent bike. I don't watch television, except for the news. I find books are far more interesting than television shows.

So pick up a book, download a book, or listen to an audio book. Give books to your loved ones this holiday season.

You do have time to read.




4 comments:

MarkD60 said...

I'm reading an anger book now, and the one you gave me is next!

Penelope Marzec said...

Mark:

Sure hope you enjoy the one I gave you. :-)

Tyrean Martinson said...

I agree! There is always time to read!

Penelope Marzec said...

Tyrean:

Exactly! There's plenty of time to read during the course of the day. :-)