Friday, December 12, 2014

A Real Tree

That's me and my brother, circa 1954 (I think). We're showing off our Christmas tree. It's real. It's very eclectic--just the sort of tree I like with a little of this and a little of that. I remember my mother was very particular about the icicles. We were to drape them, one at a time, on the tree. They were undoubtedly lead icicles at that point in time.

What do you put on your Christmas tree? Do you have garlands, or icicles, or old-fashioned ornaments?


2 comments:

Irene said...

Mom was fanatical about the tinsel. It was heavy and rather dull-looking, but it had to be placed just right and certainly not on the light wires! She would adjust our efforts during the day when we were in school. Our house is overloaded this year with garlands and wreaths and a big fat tree. Some years past, all that went up was the tree...but when we rejoice, the house goes full bore. This year, we rejoice!

Penelope Marzec said...

Irene:

Happy to know you're rejoicing! Celebrate the good times. :-)