Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Meryl Streep, My Mother, and McDonough's Pub


Today was my mother's birthday. Isn't she sweet? I took her and Dad to see Meryl Streep in "Prime." Dad said the last time they went to see a movie in a theater there was a piano player for the music. :^) There was nothing scary in "Prime" which is one reason we saw that movie--Ma cannot take suspense. Ma and I both like Meryl Streep, too. I suspect that when daughter #2 was born, Meryl Streep was my roommate in the hospital--under another name, of course.

Afterwards, we went to McDonough's Pub--a new pub in Keyport which Ma has been wanting to go to since it opened. The food was excellent. I highly recommend it.

5 comments:

K. said...

Two very interesting things in this post that you just breeze over. 1) a piano player at the movies? I have never heard of such, is that a joke? And 2) the thing about Meryl Streep, is that true? And if so - What gave you that suspiscion?

Vanessa said...

Piano players were used during "silent" movies back in the 1920's and 1930's.

Penelope Marzec said...

Hi Vanessa! Thanks for answering k.'s question for me.

As to Meryl Streep, I had this roommate in the hospital that really did look very much like Meryl Streep--if she wasn't her, she could have been her twin. And she was too quiet. She did not say much about herself--a woman of mystery. :^)

Anyhow, it was rather strange.

Lita said...

Meryl is from New Jersey so it's possible.

Live, Love, Laugh said...

awwwhhhh! how sweet! your mom looks adorable!