Thursday, March 21, 2024

Sea of Hope for #99cents!


My first published book was SEA OF HOPE. Awe-Struck Ebooks gave me the contract. The book won the EPIC's Award in 2002 for Best Inspirational Novel. Later, when Awe-Struck folded and the rights were returned to me, I reissued the book.  

Since I grew up along the bayshore in New Jersey, I saw plenty of fishing boats. Not far from my childhood home, there are commercial fishing boats and a co-op where fresh fish right off the boat is available.

I took a photo of what the docks look like just the other day. 

The boats are all lined up. 
    

This one looks like an old tugboat, but I like the color and the name. 

Being a fisherman isn't an easy life and it is dangerous. For a while, my oldest daughter worked as a scientist doing surveys on fishing boats. The hours are long and the seas are rough. 

But I like to eat fish. So, I'm glad there are brave fishermen who go out to catch the fish. 

Here's the blurb for SEA OF HOPE:

After being assaulted in the city, Doria Hanrahan returns to her hometown, jobless, paranoid, and expecting to cash in on her father's fishing trawler. When she discovers the trawler has been willed to Murray Santoro, who cared for her father during his final illness, she is filled with anger and guilt. Desperate for cash she joins the crew of the Merrichase. On the ocean, far from land, she learns Murray is not only a doctor, but suspected of murder and awaiting trial. She cannot comprehend how her father trusted Murray. She suspects Murray coerced her father to change his will. 

Murray finds Doria a true test of his new faith with her stubborn attitude and lack of trust. As challenges mount on their voyage, he struggles with his Christian principles. He can't assume he has a future and his hope falters. Yet, it is Doria's surprising strength and compassion which inspire him to be a better disciple. Then his past returns and threatens to destroy everything.

There are many good reviews for it, too. 

I hope you'll take a look at it. Remember you can ask for it at the library, too. It is available on the Libby  app for those of you who have it. Free books from the library are wonderful, but owning books is even better. 😊

You can find the book on sale at:



Kobo 

Apple

And many other book distributors. 

💗 💗 💗 💗 💗

No comments: