Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Guest Post: MOONLIGHT AND MYSTERY by Karen Malley

My guest today is Karen Malley. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and two sons and is, by far, the shortest person in the house. A perfect weekend would be spent hiking and camping with her three guys. She loves God, her family, playing games, and has a goal to visit as many National Parks as possible! When not in the great outdoors, she’s either at work as a scientist or at home writing stories in her pajamas.

Karen has written a wonderful new book! Here's the blurb:

 Beth Tarrington has it all: a gorgeous fiancΓ©, a lucrative career, the latest model car, and a high-priced condo. On top of that, the Tarrington name opens every door in town. So why is she so discontent? When everything falls apart in Beth’s life, will she finally find the strength to stand on her own two feet? Is God really willing to stand by her side, even after ignoring Him for so long?  

When Jason Brooks meets Beth, his head tells him to run in the opposite direction. Beth is a high-society snob engaged to another man, and he’s not sure where she stands with God. So why does God keep bringing the two of them together? Can these two find love, in spite of everything that stands in their way?



      Look at this terrific cover and read an excerpt. You'll be hooked. 😊


     Beth settled next to Jason on a bench in front of the fountain. She glanced upward. “I can’t believe it’s so bright tonight.”

Jason pointed over the trees. “Full moon.”

Beth gazed up at the silvery orb. “It’s gorgeous.”

“God’s showing off for us,” Jason said.

Not sure how to reply, Beth unwrapped her sandwich. “I don’t usually eat like this.” 

“It won’t kill you to eat fast food once in a while.” 

“My mother wouldn’t agree.”

“Is she a healthy eater?” 

“That’s an understatement. I didn’t discover fast food until college. Most people expand their food horizons as they get older to include more sophisticated tastes. Me, I regressed.” She dipped a fry into ketchup. “Like the simple pleasure of ketchup.”

Jason laughed. “Here I though the rich folks had everything. But no ketchup? That’s a tragedy.”

“That’s not the worst of it.” Beth leaned close and whispered in Jason’s ear. “No peanut butter, either.”

Jason clutched his hands to his chest. “I never would’ve reached adulthood if it weren’t for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.”

“Lucky.” They settled into a companionable silence while they ate. The sky was cloudless, and although they were in the center of town, a few stars managed to peek through the moonlight. Beth finished her meal and watched the streams of water dance around the fountain. Peace filled her. She couldn’t remember enjoying an evening this much for a long time.

Jason fished some change from his pocket, threw a quarter into the fountain, and handed one to Beth. “Care to make a wish?”

“What did you wish for?”

“I can’t tell you or it won’t come true.” 

Beth giggled. “You really believe that? Fine. I’ll make a wish, but I won’t tell you mine, either.”

“I’ll make you a deal,” Jason said.

Beth turned to him, “Oh?”

“When my wish comes true, I’ll tell you what it was.”

“Do magicians even need wishes?” Beth asked. “Can’t you make your magical dreams come true?”

Jason’s eyes caught Beth’s and held her captive. “Some wishes have to happen on their own.” 

Beth lost herself in his eyes for a moment too long. She tore her gaze away, stood, and closed her eyes. I wish I could always feel as happy as I do tonight. I wish I could forget about being who my parents want me to be and be who I want to be. She opened her eyes and tossed the coin into the fountain.


Buy Link:

 

https://www.amazon.com/Moonlight-Mystery-Chester-County-Couples-ebook/dp/B0CG9TWDS5

 


If you’d like to learn more Karen Malley or her books, check out her website at 
www.karenmalley.com. If you sign up for her newsletter, you’ll get a free short story in your inbox each week. You’ll also be the first to find out about new releases and giveaways and have a chance to have your ideas show up in a future book!

 

 πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

 

7 comments:

Gail Pallotta said...

I read Moonlight and Mystery and enjoyed it very much! Great job, Karen.

Barbara Britton said...

I can't wait to read your latest, Karen. I love your stories.

Carol James said...

Karen, congratulations on your first mystery.! I can't wait to read it.

Penelope Marzec said...

I just downloaded it today! Hoping to get to it soon. Looks like a wonderful story. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—

Karen Malley said...

Penny, thanks so much for hosting me on your blog, and thank you, ladies, for all of your kind words!

Penelope Marzec said...

You're welcome! Wishing you many sales!

Gina said...

Congratulations, Karen! Looking forward to curling up with “Moonlight and Mystery” soon! Love the cover!