Saturday, October 08, 2005

An Overload of Romance

I have returned from the New Jersey Romance Writers conference. My mind is still spinning. I am suffering from an overload of information about romance writing.

I went to a variety of workshops--on blogging, on the male point of view, on promotion, on rewriting, about adding steam to romances, and an editors' panel.

I always find the editors' panel one of the most interesting. Last year, just about every editor wanted chick-lit. This year, they all want dark paranormal romances. Nevertheless, they all want something fresh and interesting with a different voice.

Right. To me, it seems as if they are all jumping on the same bandwagon.

Anyhow, I had a wonderful time seeing many of my writer friends. It was a great conference!

3 comments:

Annalee Blysse said...

Welcome back. Sounds so interesting. Did you get to meet any NCP authors?

crissachappell said...

There's no point...trying to keep up with trends! They change too quickly.

Lita said...

A woman from my writing group attended the conference and she said she had a great time. She keeps telling me that I should join RWA.