Also, it's a lot less time consuming because I use frozen carrots and canned onions.
Give it a try. :-)
- 4 chicken breasts skin removed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 - 15 ounce jar baby onions
- 1 pound frozen whole baby carrots
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed into 1/3 cup of water
Over medium heat, brown the chicken on all sides in a big skillet with the oil.
Sprinkle with the pepper, add the wine, thyme, garlic, and chicken broth. Cook for 35 minutes over low heat, covered.
Add the onions and carrots. Simmer, covered for another 10 minutes.
Stir in the mustard and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch and water. Stir until mixture thickens.
I always serve this with brown rice since it's so saucy.