Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fresh Air

Most days I try to take a walk outdoors with hubby. For the past two weeks, I have not gotten much fresh air because my mother is still in the hospital. Her stomach hurt and so she had to go through a bunch of tests for her tummy--ultrasound, CT scan, and an endoscopy--to make sure she did not have any bleeding in her stomach from the overdose of Coumadin. Fortunately, her stomach is fine except for a little inflammation, but she is still very weak because she has not been eating much.

After our hospital visit today, I asked hubby to stop at the park on the way home. It was such a beautiful day and now that it is staying light a little longer, I thought we could take a brief walk. So we did, and I felt much better for it. There's nothing like a walk in the woods to get rid of stress. And it was nice to get the hospital smell out of my nostrils.

I have not done much writing. It's very hard to concentrate on anything right now because I am worried about my mother. I got a rejection from Steeple Hill this past week but it didn't faze me. I have a collection of rejections from Steeple Hill! Perhaps I should frame them all. :^)

I'll just have to send my manuscript elsewhere. I'm sure someone else will be happy with it.

No comments: