Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Blessing of the Animals



Today is the Feast of St. Francis. Our guinea pig, Speedy, was blessed today along with a few other guinea pigs, a hermit crab, a parakeet, and plenty of dogs. It was hot, noisy, a bit chaotic, and fun. :^)







Speedy looked terrified. However, she was a popular little animal--several children asked to pet her. She was extremely well-behaved as usual. She's such a sweet little thing.










Father Lang posed with us. He was very happy that nobody had any snakes for pets today. Evidently, he doesn't like them. :^)

3 comments:

Leann said...

Thanks for your input on my writng effort. I"ve decided not to write however. I look at writers as poeple where the story comes naturally and they have a drive to do so, I don't. I don't think I'm cut out to do that.

Leann said...

I lvoe the name speedy for a guinea pig by the way;...lol...very cute.

Just Nancy said...

We passed on getting the piggies blessed this year. Last time we did it, they died soon after (both were old and had had a sick cage mate). Plus, as they can't be in the same cage (male and female) it would be a MAJOR hassle to take them.

Speedy is adorable, but it's to be expected. Piggies are the cutest things God ever made (next to babies!) but not quite as smart as the common rock!