Sunday, December 11, 2005

Two Christmas Gigs In One Day

Yesterday I sang with a small group from the Happy Days String Band. The entire band would never fit in the library where the show was held. We did Christmas music with that classic string band sound. We all had a great time together and the audience seemed to enjoy the music, too.

Hubby and I rushed from there to the next gig at History House at Sandy Hook where an even smaller contingent of the string band entertained--the glock player, one banjo, one sax, hubby with his accordion, and me. It was a hectic day, but hubby loves this time of year because everyone wants Christmas music.

What's your favorite Christmas song?

3 comments:

Stormieweather said...

Sounds like you had a great time - I love listening to bands during Christmas time - It would be even better to sing along with them like you did.

Favorite Christmas Song:
Christmas Cannon - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
and Where are you Christmas - I forget who sings that.

Leann said...

Favorite song...Bing Crosby's I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

Just Nancy said...

What a great looking group! My favorite song is It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. At least this year. Maybe that's because it's 60-70 degrees down here!!!!!