Friday, December 09, 2005

Christmas Lists

Hubby is feeling better so we started getting ready for Christmas. We went shopping yesterday and bought a few presents for our daughters. I had asked them to send me a list of some of the things they would like or need. They know that there is no way they are going to get everything on their list. However, they make plenty of suggestions. The lists make me laugh. You can easily see the difference in my girls from their wants and needs.

Daughter #1's Christmas List:

Pajamas, size small
Underwear, size 5 high-cut
Mock necks (fitted, no old-lady pastels, but cream is okay. No patterns either)
Slippers (size 7)
Advent wreath
$65 so I can Make My Own Paperweight
Futon, or contribution towards one
Table to go underneath my window in living room, or contribution towards one
A surprise!

Daughter #2's Christmas List (More detailed--she's the artist. The list is also longer. What a dreamer!):

i would really like a good electric wireless drill.
i would like to have an electric pick-up for my guitar.
i also need kitchen implements, like a bread knife and various other knives, mixer, a bix mixing bowl, a cookie sheet. stuff like that.
cheesy as it sounds, i do use scented candles. new york smells.
my 2 favorite bands of the moment are: the darkness and the white stripes. and i would like a book about jenny holzer because she is my idol.
you can also contribute to:
my student loan fund
my clothing fund
and the more general, indie flicks, cheesy bands, and ice cream fund
as for pajamas, i like the plaid flannel pants that you see me around the house in. i like them larger than expected because they always shrink.
i like bikini underwear. it usually says this on the package. this is very different from those kind that my sister likes. size 5.
i am eternally in need of black socks and other drab colors that match the clothes i wear.
i do like alcohol and candy.

Daughter #3 has yet to send a list to me. I already know she needs new eyeglasses.

So what do YOU want for Christmas?

4 comments:

Leann said...

Dear Santa,

I would like for Christmas:

A good pair of earrings
A microwave oven

Thank you ahead of time.

A very good girl

K. said...

Wow - what a list! *lol* Is this the kind of thing that K.A. is going to have for me in the future?

Robin Bayne said...

All my 23 year old stepson will say he wants for Christmas is a guitar. *insert rollingeyes smilie here.*

I know what he needs and will wrap up important supplies--6 packs of tuna, cartons of pasta, laundry detergent, toothpaste, etc.

Merry Chrismas, Penny! (((HUGS)))

Penelope Marzec said...

Leann: I sure hope you get that microwave. I don't think I could live without one at this point.

k.: Yep. Kids are greedy little things. :^)

robin: My daughters know they will get a few items--like pajamas or socks, and maybe some other inexpensive gift. But they never fail to ask for the big stuff--and it always amuses me. Too bad money doesn't grow on trees. :^)

Merry Christmas to you, too. I hope you find a special blessing this year.