Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Old Haunts

I got a haircut after watching that wedding video. My hair now looks nearly the same as it did twenty years ago. Daughter #1 told me that I will not look twenty years younger with the haircut. I told her it doesn't matter because I will feel twenty years younger--or at least a little younger than I am now. Besides, in this heat, it is good to have shorter hair.

We went to visit daughter #2 today. We helped her move out of her dorm and into an apartment last week. (We do an awful lot of moving.) Her apartment is only a few blocks away from the apartment where her father grew up. Hubby was delighted to show us his old haunts. He took plenty of photos, too.
Here's a photo of me and daughter #2 standing in what used to be the diving pool where hubby cooled off. It was sixteen feet deep. However, it has been filled in with dirt. Such is progress.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Going back and visiting old haunts can be fun and heartbreaking. It's amazing how things change, and not always for the better.