Sunday, May 29, 2005

In Memory

Below is a photo of me and my brother at Disneyland. He was a navigator/bombardier in the Air Force and flew in the F-111 which was at that time an experimental fighter jet. His plane crashed in New Mexico a year after this picture was taken. He was twenty-five years old at the time of his death.



He did not die in the jungles of Vietnam, but he served his country nevertheless.

Both of my grandfathers served in World War I. My father served in World War II and his brother died on an island in the Pacific. My mother served in World War II, too, as did her brothers.

For all those who protect our country, I offer my thanks and prayers today.

May we soon have peace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute.

Leann said...

Ditto.

It takes a unique breed of humans to be a test pilot.

To all those who die and serve our country.....huurraahhhh

K. said...

Thank you for this post. My sweetie is a Marine, and although I know that his job is very important - it is hard on me sometimes.

Live, Love, Laugh said...

My prayers go out as well to all those who serve to protect our freedom!

Caridad Pineiro said...

Thank you for reminding us of the reason for Memorial Day. I can't imagine how hard it was to lose your brother, but we should honor his sacrifice and that of all the other military men, women and their families.